Give the Gift of Experience
Every year the National Retail Federation surveys Americans about their Valentine’s Day plans. This year, things are looking up for love. According to the 2018 NRF survey, which was conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics, total spending for Valentine’s Day is expected to reach $19.6 billion – that’s up from $18.2 billion last year.
One of the most interesting findings in the report had to with what we’re planning to give that special someone. Sure, candy and flowers are still popular choices, but almost a quarter of Americans who will be getting something for their sweetie this year (23.7%), plan to give a gift of experience. What’s even more interesting is that the NRF says, “42.3% say they would love to receive one.”
That means almost 20% of people receiving a gift are going to be, if not heartbroken, at least disappointed. Don’t let your Valentine be one of them! Give the gift of a spa experience from Spa Space.
- A Valentine’s massage for couples is just one of many possibilities at Spa Space, a leading day spa in Chicago.
- If she’s never had a Hot Stone Massage, you could give her not only an experience, but a first! And she would always think of you whenever she hears about Hot Stone Massage.
- How about the ultimate foot massage? Reflexology is an ancient practice that can alleviate stress and promote the body’s ability to heal itself. 35- minute and 1-hour sessions are available.
- You could treat her to our Vitamin C Booster Facial, which has been featured in Shape magazine. This vitamin-rich treatment is good for all skin types. With this uplifting experience, she’ll enjoy a three-step infusion of revitalizing nutrients: vitamin C serum, hydrating b5 gel, and a balancing hydrator.
- If it’s true love, our signature treatment might be just the thing to win her heart. We call it Pacific Paradise. She can close her eyes and breathe in the exotic fragrances of the mango sugar body scrub which will be followed by the kukui-coconut oil used during her massage. The gifts of the Pacific do more than delight the senses, the mango enzymes penetrate the skin and help the exfoliation and the kukui-coconut oil nourishes and moisturizes. In other words, she’ll be thanking you for the relaxing massage that eased her tense muscle and the for the soft, smooth skin she now has. This is one of the many reasons we’re consistently rated among the best day spas in Chicago.
- Then there’s our “Happy Feet” uber-pedicure. This one includes everything we could dream up to delight her senses – from an aromatherapy soak and warming scrub to a cooling treatment mask, hot towels, paraffin dip, extended massage and more. And the whole time she’s relaxing she’ll be thinking “happy” thoughts of you!
- And for him, maybe our Fitness Facial or, perhaps, he’d enjoy a Man Hands Manicure.
Even for the younger crowd the numbers don’t balance out. The NRF reported that, “6 in 10 younger celebrants (those 18-24) say they’d love to receive one and 4 in 10 plan to gift one.” If you’re looking for a gift for someone in this age category, let your imagination run free. Aim for something that will open his eyes or expand her horizons. You’ll find some fabulous possibilities at Spa Space, known as one of the most innovative spas in Chicago. Consider:
- Space Signature Peppermint Pedicure
- Or even Acupuncture
If you have questions about what to get your special someone, we’d be happy to help.