Sleep on it!
Apparently 75% of us have trouble sleeping at least a few nights a week. The experts say that an occasional sleepless night is nothing to worry about. A chronic lack of sleep, however, can cause irritability, weight gain, high blood pressure and a host of other serious health problems. It’s enough to give you nightmares!
On the bright side, studies indicate that, with a solid eight hours, you’ll not only feel better, you’ll look better! Chances are, you’ll also boost your creativity and enhance your memory.
If you’re finding sleep elusive, these suggestions may help:
- Sprinkle your pillowcase with a few drops of chamomile, lavender, or ylang ylang essential oil; the Journal of Psychopharmacology reported that each can improve sleep.
- Research from the Journal of Advanced Nursing shows that listening to calming music just before bed leads to more restful sleep (think Mozart not Metallica).
- Consider taking up tai chi, a number of studies show that this meditative form of exercise may help ease insomnia. Yoga may also be beneficial.
- Instead of sleeping pills, try an herbal supplement, such as valerian or passion flower. Talk to an expert to determine the remedy that’s right for you.
- Turn out the light – and everything else! You’ll want to make your bedroom as dark as possible. That means shutting off all your electronics. A sleep mask may also help.
If sleep still proves elusive, Spa Space can help. The next time you’re scheduled to come in for a massage in Chicago, ask about our amazing new anti-puffiness treatment for your eyes. We’ve been named the best spa in Chicago because we go above and beyond. We know your skin is as unique as you are, that’s why we offer a wide variety of facials and corrective facial skincare treatments. Your licensed and highly-trained esthetician will examine your skin, consult with you, and customize your treatment to meet your skincare needs and goals.